73% of people want world leaders to agree a global deal and 66% think action must happen now, according to a new. The survey reveals an appetite for action on climate change by the UK public, with only 20% agreeing that it can wait a few years. But the survey also showed that just 40% of people recognise the potential impact of climate change on their lifestyle.
- 73% think world leaders must urgently agree a global deal
- 20% think taking action can wait a few years
- 72% are aware of the benefits of tackling climate change
- 40% think that climate change will negatively impact me and my lifestyle
- 33% think taking action on climate change will negatively impact economic growth